Litigation, Collections, Taxes, & Bankruptcy
Operating a business and managing personal finances have become increasingly more complex. Understanding tax rules and regulations and how they can affect you personally and your business is critical to anyone’s financial success. At the Law Offices of Joseph Onwuteaka, we are accustomed to working with individuals and business owners on a wide variety of financial issues. Since Joseph Onwuteaka is both a Texas licensed attorney and a Certified Public Accountant, our firm can advise you of your rights and responsibilities from a legal perspective with a thorough understanding of the financial issues.
Our firm can provide answers to questions concerning a new business or help you handle a collection matter or a personal tax or bankruptcy issue. Whatever your situation is, we encourage you to seek assistance. Our firm is pleased to meet with to review your situation; an appointment for private consultation can be arranged quickly and easily by calling (713) 271-5760. Listed below are some common questions related to tax law and bankruptcy.
Questions Concerning Litigation and Collections:
- How do I protect my company against lawsuits?
- What are my rights if I am sued?
- How do I protect my assets from being attached?
- How do I collect money or judgment owed to me in Texas?
Questions Concerning Taxes:
- What are the implications of corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships?
- Which business entity is best for my situation?
- What do I need to do to prepare for an audit?
- What options are available to me to handle a tax lien?
- Can the IRS be sued for an invalid tax lien?
- What options are available to handle a tax levy?
- Is an offer in compromise an option for my situation?
- Can the taxes be eliminated?
- How do I dispute the amount of taxes?
Questions Concerting Bankruptcy:
- What options are available under the Bankruptcy laws for my situation?
- At what point is it recommended to file for protection under the bankruptcy law?
- How is my credit affected by bankruptcy?
- How can I get relief from collection agency personnel calling me?
- How do I stop the foreclosure on my house?
- What properties can I keep?
- What options are available to eliminate bills?